What is the Community Wealth Builder site?
The Community Wealth Builder site is a place to collaborate for social enterprises - acting as a platform for networking, commissioning and innovation. Buyers can link with local suppliers and advertise local contract opportunities, supporting social value outcomes.
The site aims to ensure that wealth is reinvested back into the Sheffield City Region by linking buyers looking to procure goods and services with our local social enterprise ‘suppliers’. Register today for access to the full range of support and services.
Training and Events
- CWB: How to create a marketing strategy for your social enterprise (2 half days)
- Governance Presentation Series (3 half days)
- An Introduction to Grants & Funding (May)
- How to ensure your social enterprise continues to THRIVE and GROW throughout these turbulent times
- Developing and Marketing Strategy for your Social Enterprise or Charity (2 Days)
- United Kingdom-Doncaster: Pathways to Progression — Functional Skills Delivery for NEET 16-18 Year Old's
- UK-Barnsley: Launchpad Business Support
- UK-Sheffield: Building Management System - Install and Service Contract (SHORT DEADLINE)
- UK-Barnsley: Non-BMBC staff Laptops/ Kit - European Social Funding (OPEN FUTURE OPPORTUNITY)
- UK-Sheffield: DfE User Experience & Design Capability North England
Who are we and what do we do?
The Community Wealth Builder Project provides fully funded support for new and existing social businesses across the Sheffield City Region. We know that social enterprises, cooperatives and Community Interest Companies are often the backbone of any community – and make the most difference to people. We can support anyone at any stage: from pre-start to running an existing social enterprise. Support is tailored to meet the needs of the individual or organisation and includes: one to one advice, workshops/training and networking opportunities.Contact us
My Landlord Cares
'We help people to get familiar with the local area, which supports the wider community.' - My Landlord CaresView case study
Caged Steel Martial Arts
'In a period where some children have been isolated with a lack of social interaction due to national lockdown, we have been able to build morale and break some of those uncomfortable barriers for children.' - Caged SteelView case study
Sudanese Solidarity Organisation
'CWB provided advice and we attended their workshops. They guided us in the right direction and connected us with other organisations and start-ups to help us gain more experience and knowledge.' - Sudanese Solidarity OrganisationView case study
Balby and Hexthorpe CIC
'We’ve supported more than 9,000 people throughout the pandemic' - Balby and Hexthorpe Community Engagement TeamView case study
"Everyone at Refurnish has their own story. Some have come from the very depths of despair, having suicidal tendencies and have found solace in Refurnish in our little community." - Andy SimpsonView case study